Sunday, April 3, 2011

Ribs..nuff said :)

I used a bunch of spices for the rub. Lemon pepper, garlic & onion powder, dried minced onion, Tony's, Lawry's seasoning salt, and Worcestershire black pepper. We used Pork baby back ribs. Rub those babies good with the spices then let it sit in the fridge for about an hour. My hubby uses Mesquite wood with his Kingsford coals. Let those babies cook for about 30 minutes then you can put your favorite BBQ sauce on them and let them cook for an additional 20-30 minutes. You can wrap them in foil once you add the BBQ and just let them cook on the grill. All I know is, my hubby did a fantastic job. They were delish!!!

Kroger had their sweet corn on sale so I bought 5 ears. A little secret of getting the butter all up on the ears...after boiling them for about 30 minutes (fresh corn), add them to a large zip lock bag and drop your butter in the bag, seal and shake. Every ear get the butter. You can add your salt & pepper to the bag as well. I usually let fresh corn sit in the hot water for an additional 20 minutes and add 2 tbsp of sugar to the water. :)

Beans, well, all I added to that was BBQ sauce, honey, and Dijon mustard. If I had more time, I would have added sauteed bell pepper and onions and put bacon on top :) Bacon makes everything better, right?

No comments:

Post a Comment