Wednesday, March 2, 2011

Smothered Pork Chops

I didn't really follow a recipe so I'm just going to give y'all the "highlights" :)

I used my usual spices, garlic/onion powder, lemon pepper, and Tony's. Sprinkle that on each pork chop then dust the pork chop in flour on both sides. Using a LARGE skillet on medium heat, fry the porch chops until golden brown then transfer them to a 13x9 baking pan. I used Yukon Gold potatoes. Slice about 4-5 medium size potatoes and put them on the bottom of the pan with the pork chops on top. Then with the leftover oil I make a roux. Once the roux is a nice "peanut butter" color I add 1 cup of beef stock and 2 cups of water with 2 packets of McCormick brown gravy mix. Salt & Pepper. Cook until thick and pour over the pork chops. Cover in foil and bake about 30 minutes. Yummo!

No comments:

Post a Comment