Thursday, June 20, 2013

Bubble Up Enchilada Casserole

This is a very easy recipe. I browned the meat the night before and it only took 10 minutes to prep and then 25-30 to bake. You can use just 1 lb of beef or turkey. I don't really care for certain ground turkey so I like to "mix it up" and the original recipe did not have any seasoning and I thought it tasted a bit "flat" so I spiced it up a bit. I also recommend using block cheese. Also, I had about 1/4 cup of left over bite size turkey pepperoni that I added to the meat mixture. Enjoy!

Ingredients:

  • 1/2 lb of ground turkey
  • 1/2 lb of extra lean ground beef
  • 1/4 cup turkey bite size pepperoni (optional)
  • 1 10 oz can of enchilada sauce
  • 1 8 oz can of tomato sauce ( I only used half)
  • 1 cup shredded cheese (1/2 cup of mozzarella & 1/2 cup of sharp cheddar)
  • 1/4 cup of diced onion
  • 1/2 tsp or more "just a pinch" McCormick Italian seasoning
  • 1/2 tsp of Tony's, Cajun seasoning
  • 1 can of reduced fat biscuits, cut into quarters

Directions:


1. Preheat oven to 350 degrees. Lightly mist a 2 quart baking dish with cooking spray and set aside. The original recipe uses a 9x13.

2. Brown turkey/beef in a large skillet or saute pan with the diced onion. Drain if there is any excess grease/fat.

3. Add the enchilada sauce, tomato sauce, seasoning, turkey pepperoni, and stir to combine. Put your biscuit pieces in the baking dish. Pour the sauce over the biscuits. Sprinkle the cheese on top.

4. Bake for 25-30 minutes until brown and bubbly. Let stand for 5 minutes before serving.






No comments:

Post a Comment