Friday, July 15, 2011

Leftovers in a pot :)

This past weekend I made a beef roast with the fixin's, potatoes/carrots/gravy/rice, etc. Anyway, I did not have any roast left but I did have about 2 cups of carrots and potatoes, left over Lima beans, about 1 cup of the gravy, some English peas from the night before's meatloaf supper...soooooo..what to do?

I browned 1 lb of ground beef, drained. In a large pot, to the beef mixture I added the 2 cups of diced leftover potatoes and carrots, Lima beans, English peas, and gravy. To the pot I also added 1 can of cream style corn. I found a package of McCormick country gravy mix. I mixed the gravy mix with 2 cups of water and added that to the pot. Along with about 1 more cup of water. Seasoned with some Tony's, salt, pepper, minced onion, a pinch each of thyme and rosemary. Cook for about 20-30 minutes. DONE! I served it with corn bread. It turned out really, really good! So, if you have left over Roast but no Roast, LOL! Here you go! The red stuff, hot sauce :) Hello, I do live in Louisiana!



No comments:

Post a Comment