Sunday, March 27, 2011

General Tso Chicken with the Fixin's

No real recipe on this one. I just covered a whole chicken with General Tso's sauce, salt, pepper, lemon pepper and baked it in the oven. 375 for the first 30 minutes, flip the bird, turn the oven down to 350 and cook an additional 30-35 minutes. Make sure you drain off any liquid. I lined a baking dish with foil to help. This way, the chicken get's nice and crispy. You will think it's almost burnt when you first flip it but you want it nice and brown. Let it set for about 15 minutes and serve. Very very juicy and delish!

I made lima beans, mashed potatoes, and cabbage for my sides and sweet yellow cornbread. For both the lima beans and cabbage I sauted bacon in their pots until crisp, then added a little purple onion and celery. Not too much. Saute until tender. For the lima beans, I added frozen lima beans to the onion bacon mixture and sauted about 3 minutes, then add water and chicken bouillon, salt, and pepper. Cook until tender.

The cabbage, I shredded, added to my onion bacon mixture and cooked until tender, but I added some of the lima bean liquid to the cabbage for added flavor. Trust me, it's GOOD!!!

The mashed taters, I added about 2 tbsp of french onion dip, butter, and a small can of evaporated milk. Delish!

No comments:

Post a Comment