Wednesday, February 23, 2011

Babysitter's Chicken Casserole

  • 1-8 oz pkg of uncooked macaroni
  • 2 cans of cream of mushroom soup
  • 1/4 cup of chopped onion
  • 2 cups of cooked diced chicken
  • 2 cups of chicken broth
  • 1/2 lb of diced Velveeta
  • Spices: salt, pepper, Tony's
  • chopped green onion (optional topping)
Combine all ingredients in a Pyrex dish, covered, and refrigerate overnight. Bake, uncovered at 350 for 1 hour. Stir and bake an additional 15 minutes until brown and bubbly. Let stand for 20 minutes before serving. This will help "thicken" the sauce.

I liked the fact that you could make this totally low fat by using reduced fat Velveeta and reduced fat cream of mushroom, etc. I did not have enough chicken broth so I used 1 cup of beef broth and 1 cup of the chicken broth. I might try using less broth and maybe adding about 1/2 cup more of noodles. Everybody liked it so I will make it again. It was a very inexpensive meal. I also think I might like to make a cracker topping next time. Enjoy!


As the name implies, babysitters love this casserole because all they have to do is put it in the oven!

No comments:

Post a Comment