Saturday, February 19, 2011

Walter Burgers

  • 1 lb of ground pork
  • 2 lbs of ground beef
  • 1 egg
  • 1 lb of bacon (cooked and chopped)
  • 3 green onions (chopped)
  • 1 package of shredded sharp cheddar cheese (2 cups)
  • 1/4 cup of Worcestershire Sauce (or more as needed)
  • Spices: garlic and onion powder, Tony's, salt & pepper (I used about 2 tbsp a piece)
Combine the above ingredients and form into large patties. I must say that before I form the patties I actually smell the meat. I want to smell the Worcestershire Sauce and the Tony's. If you can, leave in the fridge for at least 2 hours or overnight. If you are going to leave them overnight, do not salt the meat. It will dry it out.
Grill and enjoy!



I served the burgers with hot links, down home (green onion) sausage, my famous tater salad, and bbq baked beans. I made a tri-color tater salad this time. It was very pretty :)

No comments:

Post a Comment